Edison Partners is seeking a modern marketing expert to build awareness, interest and engagement with its audiences, and support Edison Edge programs that add value to our portfolio companies. Reporting to our Partner over Edison Edge, the ideal candidate will have product marketing experience, be an excellent written and visual communicator who has worked in and/or around entrepreneurs, high-growth technology companies, and venture or private equity. The position will be remote initially with periodic travel to Princeton, NJ. Ideally, candidates will be based in the South or willing to relocate there.
The objectives for this position are:
1. To help create, maintain and improve all Edison Edge (portfolio value creation) content and communications
2. To engage and educate Edison Edge audiences through compelling, high-value content
3. To strengthen Investment Development efforts with selling tools that differentiate
4. To humanize the firm’s brand through storytelling
- Content Strategy: Devise content and marketing initiatives aligned with the Edison Edge platform and Edison Partners brand and investment strategies, industry and operating expertise, growth company best practices, and more.
- Content Development: In partnership with the Edison Edge team, our investment professionals, our portfolio company CEOs and third-party vendors, develop a steady stream of high-value, relevant, consistent content.
- Content Management & Mapping: Optimize the system for organizing, classifying and reusing a broad portfolio of content assets, including, but not limited to newsletters, photography, infographics, video, slideware, ebooks, playbooks, collateral, etc. Enable Marketing team to maintain.
- Excellent writing, visualization and storytelling skills
- Know-how to leverage the broader organization to make content marketing successful
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for conceptualizing and producing content that genuinely connects people with brands
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a diverse set of audiences (entrepreneurs/investment candidates, portfolio company executives, Edison Director Network members, limited partners and service providers)
- Quick-thinking, creative self-starter with a “whatever it takes” mindset
- A strong digital citizen
- 7+ years of content creation & product marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field